12.02.2008

He's Arrived: Introducing "Owen Vilppu Wilson"!

After a grueling 27 hours of treacherous labor--in which nothing went as planned--one of my best friends and my fellow pregnancy partner, Annaliisa, delivered little "Owen Vilppu Wilson" (a week "early") a little after 3:00 a.m. this morning. Weighing in at 7lbs 1oz and measuring 19 inches long, he is the perfect picture of beauty and health!

It all began at midnight on Sunday when Drew called letting me know that Annaliisa's water broke and her surges were beginning. She sounded very excited and as chatty as ever. Every three hours for the next 27, either Drew called me or I called Drew for updates. Each hour that passed down in San Diego, felt like an eternity in Los Angeles as I waited . . . for an exhausted Drew and surprisingly chirpy Ani to deliver news, updates, an indication of what was happening with baby Owen. Reported ups and downs in the delivery room at every call made each minute that passed, do so with tortoise speed.

When they finally called at 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning, I exhaled as deeply if I had been holding my breath for a very long time. Being 9 months pregnant and so far away was a very hard thing to be this week.

After hanging up the phone, I was unable to sleep--an incredible sense of joy and undeniable relief kept me up for nearly an hour as I thought about the happiness that Annaliisa and Drew were at that moment sharing.

Since that call, though Ani is still at the hospital recovering, we have spoken thre
e times today! I just can't get enough of her elation and now well-earned experience. I hang on every fascinating detail as I share in her joy and excitement and prepare for my own birthing experience.

Though things went far from "as-planned" for Annaliisa and Drew, all I can wish for myself, Dean and Noah is that we have as happy of an ending as Annaliisa, Drew and Owen.

1 comment:

Jessica Mullen said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for them! Please send our love and congratulations when you speak to her again!

Jess

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin