8.05.2009

By Golly, We're On Tooth Number 3!

Noah has been an incredible little guy lately. Ever since his second tooth popped up right after the first a few months ago, he has been so much fun to be with. He has been smiling, laughing, crawling, rolling, scooting and talking the days away with great virtuosity.

Then, two mornings ago--at nearly 7.5 months old--he woke with a familiar host of symptoms--the teething monster had returned. Last time he was incredibly whiny, extremely slobbery, and had two large red rashes on his little cheeks. This time has been a little different . . . he's not slobbering as much but is a little fussier--even crying quite hard at times (which he doesn't really do anymore), isn't eating solids with great eagerness, and is running a low grade fever (about 99 degrees give or take a bit) off and on.

He definitely is not his usual self--that familiar bright-eyed twinkle is missing from his big baby blues and he is missing that pep in his crawling step. My heart aches for him--I hate to see him in such pain. I know that teething is part and parcel of this whole growing up thing, but it somehow just doesn't seem very fair.

Dean noticed the top of his right eyetooth peeking through the gum this morning. So, it's here . . . but there has been no relief. Is it possible that he's getting a top tooth at the same time? We can only hope that there is some big reward at the end of all of this suffering. Two teeth for the price of one would be nice.

11 comments:

Jasie VanGesen said...

Maybe he'll pop more than one through! Most of Silas' teeth came in in pairs, which made the whole process intense, but faster and a little less tiring on all of us.

Rosanna =) said...

When did Noah Finn start teething? I'm not looking forward to that stage with Fin!

I hope his tooth/teeth pop out soon so he feels better!!

Rosanna =) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j o n i said...

Hi Rosanna, Noah actually started teething at 3 months old! He got his first tooth at about 5 and half months and his second at 6 and a half. The few weeks and days if your lucky before one pops is the worse! Oie!

I am sure little Fin is set to start any day now...brace yourself.

Rosanna =) said...

Oie is right!! I actually just ordered an amber teething necklace for Fin TODAY! I'm willing to try anything! I hope it arrives before he starts teething! He's been kinda fussy these last few days...I'm hoping it's not time yet!

j o n i said...

I know a few mommies who gave those a try but never heard results, positive or negative. Please let me know if you think it works--I'll try it for Noah...or at least the second one! hee, hee, hee

Rachel said...

It's definately possible. Colin has 8 teeth so far and they've all come in pairs. It's a 2 for 1 deal :)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Ooh, you poor things. Immy got her first eight teeth over just six weeks and was miserable too.

Try some frozen banana in the mesh bag holder thingy - don't know what they are called, sorry.

Christie
http://childhood101.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment on my blog. We live in the suburbs. My garden is on the side of our house. I'd love to have a small farm someday too. For now, I am glad for my little garden. PS. Your Little Foodie Feasts is great!!

sarah said...

What a great blog. I just bumped into you and thought what a great read, I am putting this in my favorties. I have two littles and maybe two will be three someday :) Instead of moving along, just wanted to pop in and say hello and what good information here, and just reading about babies..ohh! Makes me remember :)

Jennifer said...

we are in miserable teething land right now, which is so sad. my ezra is just 4 months old and has his two bottom teeth coming in together. they have almost popped through. but oh, the suffering. heartbreaking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin