8.07.2009

Teething Sucks.

Harsh title for harsh times, my friends. I have wanted to post something deliciously bobby all week in honor of National Breastfeeding Awareness Week and as you can plainly see, I have not. While my "Little Foodie Feasts" endeavor has usurped a bit of my clock, my teething infant has been the primary culprit for my lack of lactation activism.

Oie! Oie, is all I can say. Last night was the worst night by far, since the day he was born. He was up at 1:30 a.m. crying--I mean really miserably crying--and cried more on than off until 4:30 a.m. Then, he was up again at 7:30 a.m. crying . . . well, you get the picture.

Nothing, nothing I say, makes him feel better. I have bagged my homeopathic potions with this set of chompers and have resorted to the high fructose corn syrup laden children's Tylenol. And while it does offer him some relief, it has not helped as much as I had hoped it would. We have tried among many other things, frosty carrots, chilled teething toys, gum massages, all to no avail. Walks and crawling practice brings the only relief, though temporary--we're talking 5 minutes temporary.

As I mentioned in my post on Wednesday, he did get a tooth this week--his third tooth! But, there must, must be another if not more finding its painstaking way to the puffy pink surface. But by golly, I hope it/they come soon. We're going crazy here. And, poor Noah. Oh, poor Noah.

And, thanks to all of you for your sweet supportive comments in response to third-tooth-Wednesday's post . . . it really helps to know that we're not in teething hell alone.

Sincerely,
Sleepless In Salivaland

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

that's funny. my facebook status the other day was "teething bites" i think they both adequately describe. i too was up last night way too many times with little ezra. SCREAMING and wrenching and wailing and sucking. it is so hard & so sad. can't wait for these to pop through. mama needs some wine! and coffee.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Hope the teething has eased up over the weekend so that you can have some happy time.

I have posted a blog love token/award for you over at my blog today.

Have a great week,
Christie

Elizabeth said...

oh, my.

i remember those days.

try the baby motrin or advil or some sort of ibuprophen. tylenol doesn't ease inflamation - ibuprophen does.

p.s. i found you from jennifer over at "of grateful praise"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin