11.05.2009

My First "API Speaks" Contributor Post: "Doing The 'Right' Thing Is Never Easy"

As many of you already know, Dean and I subscribe to a gentle parenting philosophy called, Attachment Parenting. It's not that we stumbled upon these parenting principles one day and declared, "Ah! Now, that's the way we want to parent"--instead, we read them and thought "Here is a philosophy that has put into words the way that we already feel about parenting--and we will use it for support".

As such, I have often turned to the API blog, API Speaks, for support--to read of other families' struggles with the woes of parenting and to find comfort in knowing that we are not alone. Choosing alternative parenting methods like cloth diapering, wooden toys, co-sleeping, baby wearing, even breast feeding, etc. has resulted occasionally in judgments from family members, strangers and other mothers who don't. Wearily waking after a long and sleepless night to read a fellow mom's post about her own long and sleepless night--and her reminder of why it's important that we listen to and follow our instincts--helps.

So, for these reasons and so many more, I am very excited to announce that I will be joining the leagues of fellow API mama writers by regularly contributing to API Speaks, the API blog. I have not yet determined my ideal frequency of publication--once a week, twice a week, etc.--but I will at least be published there once a month. And, this morning, my first post has been published--click here to find it on API Speaks. It is a post that I wrote for this blog two weeks ago titled, "Doing The 'Right' Thing Is Never Easy".

Please, read, enjoy and visit often!

Happy Day,
Joni

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! This is a beautiful essay and I'm glad it's getting some more airtime.

XO Carrie

j o n i said...

Thank you so much, Carrie. You are such a supportive friend.

I love knowing you and little Henry and I hope that we have that pleasure for a very long time. xoxo

jessica lauren morrow said...

Joni,
I just happen to know your sister, Megan (we were roommates at uncc). It was so ironic, I was doing some research ie..googling for my Food and Nutrition for Young Children class and I happened to stumble upon your blog and all the wonderful things you have about your homemade baby food. I just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed browsing your blog and seeing the pictures of your beautiful baby boy. Hope all is well.!
Take Care,
Jessie Morrow

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin